The Municipality of Karditsa establish a Living Lab
Objective: The Inclusion to the 100 Climate-Neutral and Smart European Cities
The Municipality of Karditsa is developing several emblematic initiatives in the context of an integrated development planning. Indicatively, refer to:
- The strategy for the sustainable mobility.
- The strategy for the sustainable Urban Development.
- The Action Plan for the Sustainable Energy and Climate (SDAEK).
- The plan for Charging Stations of Electric Vehicles.
Recently, the Municipality applied to join the Mission launched by the EU for the “100 Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030”.
In these initiatives, the Municipality commands the support of all institutions, but especially its citizens, who actively participate in the consultation and development of innovative actions.
In this framework, the Municipality proceeds to create a Living Lab that will operate under its auspices. The Living Lab will create an environment that will support:
- the integrated and participatory design of the Mission for the” 100 Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030”.
- the implementation and expansion of the objectives and projects of the SDAEK, and
- any other plan of the Municipality on the fields of energy, spatial and development planning.
The establishment and operation of the Living Lab will be funded by the EU program Horizon 2020 with the title: “Research and Innovation”, and specifically by the Project 2ISECAP “INSTITUTIONALIZED INTEGRATED SUSTAINABLE ENERGY AND CLIMATE ACTION PLANS” (C. No 8101033752), in which the Municipality of Karditsa and the Development Agency of Karditsa participate as partners.